- Supports the “personhood” amendment to define life at conception (which could ban abortion, stem cell research, common forms of birth control, and in some cases, in-vitro fertilization).
- Wants to cut funding for Planned Parenthood: “Planned Parenthood, we’re going to get rid of that.”
- When asked where less privileged women should go for healthcare, said: “Well they can go wherever they’d like to go. This is a free society.” This mean he’s going to cut funding for Planned Parenthood and not provide any alternatives.
- Supported the Blunt amendment, a bill that was introduced to restrict access to birth control by allowing any employer the right to deny health insurance coverage for any benefit based on a “moral” conviction.
- Has pledged to repeal the Affordable Care Act “on day one” of his presidency, meaning that one of his first acts as president would be to deny millions of women and families access to affordable preventive care - annual gynecological visits, contraceptives, HPV, cancer, and STD screenings, breastfeeding support, supplies, and counseling, and screening and counseling for domestic violence. This would also overturn the no-cost birth control benefit, and insurance companies would be able to continue charging women up to 50% more than men for the same plan.
- Romney once commented that the landmark case of Griswold v. Connecticut— which overruled the state’s right to ban contraception nearly 50 years ago — was wrong. He therefore believes that states should be given the right to outlaw birth control.
- He’s said that protecting access to basic preventive care is “not what I’m about.”
- He didn’t even know what the Violence Against Women Act was.
- Called including birth control in the definition of basic preventative care an attack on “religious liberty”.
- Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney’s VP pick, voted against the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act (a law to ensure equal pay for women).
Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan don’t seem to think that I’m (a woman) worth supporting, so I refuse to support them.
…Is the person who asked this question fucktarded like those assholes too?